michelleclive, Email
Experience:  I am a computer professional have fixed and handled email issues.

Thunderbird comes up OK, but after 5 seconds it freezes up.

Customer Question

thunderbird comes up OK, but after 5 seconds it freezes up. must go to task manager to shut it down. today is the second day. we got a message from thunderbird saying the program had crashed and you were working on it, but nothing has happened as of now. do we need to get another email program?
Category: Email
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

What is the operating system on the computer, Windows or Mac and let me know the version.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
windows 7 home

when was it working fine and since when did the problem started?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
early yesterday morning

For windows 7

click the windows menu button select search

type in system restore and hit enter.

Now the system restore dialog box will open.

click the round circle like radio button which says choose a different restore point and then hit the next button

on the next screen or box you will see a check box at the bottom says show more restore point.

Click on it to put a check mark on it you will get many old dates

click on one of the old date and hit next and now hit finish.

The computer will restart on its own while it restart please do not interrupt it will take around 10 mins to get you back to working windows without any problem.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
did the restore exercise to 8 Aug 16 which was before the problem - gmail still doesn't work - freezes up after about 5 seconds. got a second notice from gmail that said "we're sorry - thunderbird had a problem and crashed. to help us to diagnose and fix the problem . . .". we did tell you about the problem and tried your solution, but still no gmail.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hey Michelle - can I expect a reply to the follow-up I sent you 20 minutes ago? if not, who do I talk to next? can we just
un-install the present thunderbird and re-install a version that works?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
if I do uninstall and re-install, can we keep the same email address?

yes you can get the same email all you need to do is configure your email with thunderbird.

If you want i can remote connect and do it for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks - I'll do that myself

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you are happy with my service, please provide a rating. If not, please let me know so l can continue to help you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
reset computer to a date before the first crash as directed by Michelle - didn't help - uninstalled original thunderbird and installed a new thunderbird as approved by Michelle - problem hasn't changed - still crashes after about 5 seconds on the newly installed thunderbird - must let task manager stop the failed program. I truly need some wise counsel as I have already paid for a solution.
ref acct #: 95813432
order #: 16553813-913

Simple uninstall will not remove all the components from the computer it must be completely removed from the windows registry and there must be no left over files left.

Let me know the next availability i will walk you through.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Michelle - I am available all day today for your walk through - look forward to hearing from you.

Uninstall Thunderbird using Revouninstaller its a free tool and you can use it to remove Thunderbird completely from the computer and restart the computer after the removal.