Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I HAVE A NEED FOR THE CORD THAT GOES FROM THE DIRECT TV BOX

Customer Question

I HAVE A NEED FOR THE CORD THAT GOES FROM THE DIRECT TV BOX TO THE TV.. CAN I ORDER ONE FROM YOU ?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me what DirecTV Receiver do you have? (GENIE, HD DVR, TiVo, DVR, GENIE LITE, HD, STANDARD)

Also, what kind of TV do you have? Is it an HD (high definition) TV?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it's a dolby digital/model # c41-700 cord is from it's orange port ,that goes to a sanyo hdtv
Expert:  Jess M. replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Since you are using an HD TV, the cord that you are referring to could be an HDMI cable/cord. But you need to check this yourself in the TV port and in the DirecTV port to see if it is indeed an HDMI cord that you need.

Here are the links for an HDMI cord that you can buy online:

<< HDMI Cable Option 1 >>

<< HDMI Cable Option 2 >>

The second option for HDMI cable above has vivid pictures so please check if that kind of port will fit into the HD TV and into the DirecTV Receiver that you have there.

Another thing that you need to check is, since you mentioned that the cord connects to an "orange" port, then it could be an RCA cord that you need. This port is circular as compared to an HDMI that is rectangular.

Here is a picture of sample DirecTV Receiver:

http://filesxpress.com/d-6002f91c

There you can see both an HDMI port where the cables in the above links will work, and there is a orange port too which is an RCA. If that is the same orange port you are referring to, then you need this cord in this link:

<< RCA Jack/Port Cord>>

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess