technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years combined corporate and small business experience.
65369237

I just accidently deleted my tab on chrome that had my gmail

Customer Question

I just accidently deleted my tab on chrome that had my gmail account and I lost all my contacts, what can I do to fix the problem.
Category: Email
Expert:  technicalcat replied 5 months ago.

Hello Doyle, and thank you for using this service.

The good news is your gmail account and any contacts in your gmail account are not stored on your computer. They are stored on google's servers. Do you happen to know your email address and password ***** login to your gmail account? Have you tried logging in?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can I use internet explorer to go to my account

That's good. Have you tried logging in to your account with internet explorer to see if your contacts are available? It's very easy to do. I've included a link to a video below that shows you how to access your contacts in gmail. If you can see your contacts in gmail, and wish to put gmail on the "tab" you mention in chrome, just let me know, and I'll send you instructions to do that too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23DmjHSzMio

IMPORTANT

********************************

Please don't forget to rate my time and help to you before you go. If you need any further assistance, please just reply to this conversation. I continue to help before and after rating until you are satisfied. Thank You.

********************************

.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've logged into gmail thru explorer but can't get my contacts

Doyle,

That's unexpected that they would be missing. Were you previously using only chrome for your mail, or were you using outlook, or checking your mail on another device such as an iphone?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can I copy my address book from gmail and move it to outlook

Doyle,

I'm confused by your last response. You may be able to copy the address book, but previously you said you can not find the address book with the instructions and video I provided. First you need to find/see your address book. Can you see it now in your gmail account?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I found it by logging into gmail contacts

IMPORTANT

********************************

********************************

Good to hear we have found the contacts per your original question.

Here are instructions for exporting/importing into Outlook.

To export Gmail contacts:

1. From your Gmail account, click Gmail -> Contacts.
  2. Click More >.
  3. Click Export.
  4. Select the contact group you wish to export.
  5. Select the export format Outlook CSV format (for importing into Outlook or another application).
  6. Click Export.
  7. When prompted, click Save as, and browse to a location to save the file.

To import from Outlook 2013 or 2016:

1. From the FILE tab, select Open & Export.
  2. Select Import/Export.
  3. In the Import and Export Wizard, select Import from another program or file.
  4. Click Next.
  5. Select Comma Separated Values.
  6. Click Next.
  7. In the Import a File box, browse to and select the .csv file you saved your Gmail contacts to.
  8. Select Replace duplicates with items imported, Allow duplicates to be created, or Do not import duplicate items.
  9. Click Next.
  10. In the folder list, select the contacts folder where you want to import your contacts to, and click Next.
  11. Click Finish.

To import from Outlook Web App:

1. Select People from the app launcher.
  2. Select the settings gear, them click Options.
  3. Select Import contacts under People.
  4. Click Browse and select the .csv file you saved your Gmail contacts to.
  5. Click Import.

IMPORTANT

********************************

********************************