James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I have been trying to reset my MS account password for 4

Customer Question

I have been trying to reset my MS account password ***** 4 days. The telephone number on record is for a non-message phone under the name Jean B. Young:(###) ###-#### Thus, I have had a one-use code sent to my office email address:***@******.***, twice. My office round trip takes almost an hour. The last attempt was requested at 11:52 am today, 8/8/2016, receiving a code 4074. However, upon returning home, when I tried to enter it into this home computer at 12:45 pm today, I again was blocked.
There is no way I can get a new one-time use code at my office email and enter it into this computer any faster. And there is no way I have found to reach a Microsoft agent by telephone, to answer security questions and get a new password. I can't get into email at this computer. Can you telephone me at home on my land line:(###) ###-####(I'm in a cell phone shadow), to advise me? ***** *****. Locked email is:***@******.***.
Category: Email
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.