Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

Received an email saying folders with the name can't be

Customer Question

Received an email saying folders with the name can't be downloaded by your imap email program. Junk. Please connect to your mailbox using your web browser and rename those folders. Once rename, those folders will be displayed in your IMAP email application correctly.
How do I fix this?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

I must ask a question or two before we begin. Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.

Who is your e-mail provider? Please, do not enter your full email address. If you do that, it will be blocked. For that reason, please tell me what comes after the @ sign.

Which program do you use to access your email (Outlook, Mac Mail, Entourage, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc)?

Thank you,
Jason

P.S. If you do not know the answers to any of my questions or are confused about something, please let me know by replying on this page.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
msn.com. It's a hotmail acct I use with iPad. Hotmail is now outlook. That's all I know

Thank you for the update.

Please, follow the instructions below to rename the problem folders:
- Click the following link: http://www.hotmail.com

- Log into your account.

- Right click the problem folder, choose Rename, rename the folder so that it doesn't contain any special characters (ie: *#!@#(@$)<>:./,|"_-\')

- Save that and do the same thing for all the affected folders.

Once that is complete, you will be all set.

One quick note: This is my job; however, I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer below, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at ohe following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am in my email how do I right click with an ipad

You can right click by Long Pressing.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
not working

Do you have a computer that you can use?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'll get it

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I went to junk right clicked and it's just a circle spinning for about a minute so far.

Don't right click Junk. You cannot rename the Junk folder. Rename the folders that are giving you the problem. May I remote in quickly to the computer and do this for you?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's the folder giving me the problem because my junk email is in the name of junk email. Sure but I'm on iPad talking to you. But on my computer with email open
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It says pin to start or sync which one do I use. I can rename junk email name
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There is nothing when I right click other then sync or pin to start

In that case, just choose to empty the Junk folder.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't open either junk mails. Thanks for trying to help. The only reason I'm doing this is because I can't get my contact information or calendars in my new iPad pro because of this problem. But nothing seems to be working thing so thanks for your time I'll just have to deal with this some other way.

The only way to fix it is to do what I suggested.

Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.

Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.com

After clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 70 and click the circle button to start the remote application.
(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)

Are you still with me?