James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

Having Thunderbird ask for a password in order to access my

Customer Question

Having Thunderbird ask for a password ***** order to access my email, for the first time ever asking me for password. I didn't know I had one, or did not remember. Although I believe I had a similar problem about a month ago at which Time Warner ISP helped work it out and add a password ***** the system does not recognize. To make a boring story longer, yesterday, after speaking with 3 different Time Warner technicians.... I now am showing a partially duplicated file list including inbox. Can you folks gain access to my system and get my Thunderbird organized to its original format? I am old. You young folks come out of the womb knowing this stuff. Please call me at(###) ###-####
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I use Thunderbird myself. Would you be willing to allow me to connect to your computer to work on this while you watch, at no additional charge? You may see an offer for additional services but you can just ignore those, they are automated.

If you'd like for me to connect to your computer to fix this please click this link:

On the page that opens up, click "I Agree."

Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the left corner.)

I'll then be connected.

Please let me know if you have any problems.