IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Why do some of my emails show up in my inbox and some don't.

Customer Question

Why do some of my emails show up in my inbox and some don't. Specifically I may know that sow one emailed me a question at 2:52pm and so I scroll down to that time and there is no email. However, if I use the search bar in my email and use the subject, I can usually find it. This is my business and I am missing emails. I relie on scrolling through the mailbox each time I get on. I use AOL.
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

Please tell me if you access the AOL Mail using a web browser, or you use AOL Desktop or another e-mail program?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ipad
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is that what you meant?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

OK. Does the problem with missing e-mails happen only on iPad, or it is there as well when using another device, such as a computer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also, as another issue but the result is the same. Some times when we are cc'd on emails, some will come through and others won't.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

May I know if you only have iPad, or have a computer as well?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Why do some of my emails show up in my inbox and some don't. Specifically I may know that sow one emailed me a question at 2:52pm and so I scroll down to that time and there is no email. However, if I use the search bar in my email and use the subject, I can usually find it. This is my business andI am missing emails. I relie on scrolling through the mailbox each time I get on. I use AOL.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

I can see your question description, so you don't need to repeat it; however, I asked you if you only used iPad to access the e-mails, or had a computer as well?

Please reply.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just an ipad
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just to be clear, this only happens when he is copied on an email. Sometimes he receives them and some times he doesn't
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Thanks!

Let's see if the problem is with the AOL e-mail account or iPad Mail.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would understand if it were all or nothung
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Please open a web browser (Safari) on your iPad and go to this address:

http://mail.aol.com/

There sign into your AOL account and check if you can see all e-mails.

Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can see my emails. The problem is, i am not receiving all of them.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As I said, this is a business account and I have missed a few orders and ship dates due to these missing emails.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you still here
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

I understand; however, I am trying to determine where the problem might be - with the AOL e-mail account itself or with the mail app you are using.

AOL e-mail account can be accessed in several different ways:

- using a web browser by going to the AOL Mail web page

- using the iPad's built-in e-mail app (Mail)

- using an AOL e-mail app

- using another e-mail app as Microsoft Outlook

So, how do you access your AOL e-mail account?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Let me check. I believe it is through the provided app that comes with the iPad.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you tell me how I can be sure? If that is indeed a question you need 100% clarification on?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you do remote access? That might be easier
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

It's OK - you most likely use the one that comes with the iPad.

Unfortunately, remote access only works for computers, not iPads.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

It is possible that the e-mails are coming to your AOL e-mail account, but the iPad Mail app is not displaying them for some reason. For testing purposes, please install the AOL Mail app from the iTunes store and then check if you can see more e-mails than you see using the iPad Mail app.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok what's next then?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

The app is free and is called: AOL: Mail, News, Weather & Video

Please install it and check if it. You can also send a test e-mail to yourself and see if you can receive it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you wait a second while I do this.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Sure, take your time.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can verify that these emails are not here either
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

OK. Do when the problem with missing e-mails first started to happen?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
About 2-3 weeks ago. Possibly longer. It wasn't until a ship date got missed that I really started getting into it
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Please send a test e-mail to yourself, either using the AOL Mail app or the iPad Mail app. Let me know if you can receive it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we did receive it. We actually tried both ways and got the email. The problem is more when my associate sends an email to a client, copies me and then for some reason I get some and others never come through
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

I see. Do you know if the sender ever receives an automated reply saying your e-mail address is unavailable, or something like that?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That happens quite often. When we are sending an email we get a similar error message. Unfortunately I can't say the exact wording and I can't just make it happen or I would screenshot it. We have asked others and they seem to have no idea where or what this means
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

In that case, I suggest checking if there are any blocked e-mail addresses or any e-mail filters enabled that could delete or move the e-mails to somewhere else.

To check that, you need to use a web browser. So, start Safari and go to http://mail.aol.com/

Sign into your AOL e-mail account. Tap on the Options drop-down menu located in the upper right corner of the page and then select Mail Settings. You should see several tabs on the left. Select the Spam Settings tab and review the settings there. Make sure that known e-mail addresses are not blocked. Next, select the Filters and Alters tab and check if there are any active e-mail filters.

If you cannot do that while using iPad (you may be seeing a mobile AOL Mail web page with less options), then you will need to do it using a computer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok we will have to try this Tom when we go into the office. It's is 12:30am and time for bed. How do I get back in contact with you??
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Sure, no problem. There is also a way to disable the spam filter (under Spam Settings), so you could try with that as well, as it could be that the built-in AOL spam filters automatically deletes some of your e-mails that are not spam.

You can contact me when you are available again by visiting this web page. If you are receiving e-mails from JustAnswer (me), you can tap on one of those e-mails and tap on the "View Reply" button and it will take you to this chat page.

Regards,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok it's just that I believe my price was $65 and I don't want to have to start over again or pay double.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

No, you don't need to pay again when you come back later.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Hello again!

Let me know if you had a chance to check your e-mail account settings as I suggested, and if you found something unusual there?

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.