Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer
94203781

I am having a problem with Outlook. I was attempting to put

Customer Question

Good morning, I am having a problem with Outlook. I was attempting to put emails into folders and must have given it too many instructions!
It has given me the following message:
Mail could not be received at this time
The server for account "Gmail" returned the error "[AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid
credentials (Failure)." Your username/password ***** security settings may be incorrect.
Would you like to try re-entering your password?
I enter my correct password ***** still keep getting the above message. It won't let me close Outlook down and won't let me turn off the computer.
I have a MacBook Pro.
Many thanks,
Elizabeth Gill
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Give me a few minutes to look over your question and I will respond shortly.

There is one setting I'd like you to check. Go to your web browser and go to GMail. Click on your Account button in the top right corner and then click My Account. Once in that screen click on this link: https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps.

Turn on this function and try your Outlook again. It may take a few minutes but it should help. Let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for getting back to me Jason, however, the problem has been solved. I force quitted the computer and now it works fine. I should have tried that before contacting you as I get charged the $74 anyway!Elizabeth

I'll close out the ticket so the charge won't happen.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Jason, thank you so much - I just checked my account and the charge has gone through. Any chance of reversing it?
Elizabeth
Customer service will need to close it out first. It should be refunded soon.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.Elizabeth