James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

Inbound email is not working, I believe it has to do with

Customer Question

inbound email is not working, I believe it has to do with our DNS settings and cannot figure it out, using exchange 2010
Category: Email
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

What email service are you using?

Is it configured on MS outlook?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Internal exchange 2010 server, inbound is not working outbound is fine and I can access my web mail client. I would need you to do a webex is that possible to troubleshoot this, I'm not familiar enough with DNS and MX records.

i am sorry i will open the question to exchange server expert as i have no expertise in exchange mail server.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Does you service extend to online (WebEx) support or only "chat" support?
Expert:  swmcdonnell replied 2 months ago.

Hi there, my name is***** we do remote sessions using our own sharing client. I think it costs $5 extra or something like that. But before we do that, can you provide me with a little more information about the problem? What's happening to external mail and why do you think it's a DNS issue?

Can you also run the Inbound SMTP Email test on the Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer to see what it tells you.

And can you run a dig on your Exchange server domain and have that output handy?