James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I don't seem to be able to delete my auto-reply. To see the

Customer Question

I don't seem to be able to delete my auto-reply.
To see the problem just email me on this address:
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Give me a few minutes to look over your question and I will respond shortly.

I assume that you clicked on File > Info then Automatic Replies. If that shows the it is off, it may still be on the server that you send e-mail through. What is your e-mail address?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there is no Dialog Box in the File>Info submenu titled "Automatic replies". That is the problem I have encountered each time I searched.

This information is pulled from the server. Are you able to look at your e-mail through Outlook Web Access?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I prefer to keep out of remote access - last external help cost me a fortune in lost time in restoring programs! Sorry.
Am not sure what you mean by "Outlook Web Access". Since loading Office 365 I have linked Outlook to both of my email accounts ,and all - other than Out of Office Reply system - has worked OK.
The last installation of OOOR, done in Perth in June, worked the way you expected, but after installation, correspondents kept getting the version posted two years before. Fixed this by locating the response message and deleting it.
But could not find or correct correct the current version.

What is the e-mail address of the account that you are having the issue with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
BUT Windows Office 365 Recovery and Update Assistant just appeared on the screen, claiming need to update, downloaded files, then crashed, but after failing to recognise this email address, and two others ( and
The plot thickens. Do I uninstall Office 365 and aim to install their latest version?

I would to ensure it is a clean install.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In discussion with my son Brett, in Perth tonight, he reminded me that I had invoked the Out of Office Reply via webmail on his computer.
I have since gone to MyBigPond webmail, located the Auto-reply box, and disabled the standard message that I had been using.
Two checks by sending mail into the xaixai99 mailbox from an address, and it appears that the problem is solved.
In a nutshell:
1.If the autoreply is established via webmail, it will reside on the server it appears, and not be visible in the Manage Rules and Alerts section of Outlook.
2. As a consequence it must be cancelled/removed via the webmail site, not the Outlook sites.I am sure that we have both learned something out of this, so we should call it a day.
I will not be taking up the offer of a paid subscription, being optimistic for the future.
Many thanks for your patience and help.
Rob Robson