James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I USUALLY USE GOOGLEMAIL BUT NOW USING AN ICLOUD EMAIL

Customer Question

I USUALLY USE GOOGLEMAIL BUT NOW USING AN ICLOUD EMAIL ADRESS... HOW CAN I TELL IF THE RECEIVER ACTUALLY RECEIVED THE EMAIL THAT I USED USING MY ICLOUD EMAIL ADDRESS TO SEND TO AN AOL EMAIL ADRESS? CAN I KNOW IF IT WAS VIEWED?
Category: Email
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I'm Eric, an email expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Hi Gini! iCloud itself does not handle read receipts, but you may be able to setup your mail client to request read receipts on future messages. Are you using a computer to send messages with your iCloud account? If so, what mail program are you using?

If not a computer, what other device(s) -- iPad, etc. -- are you using to send mail?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am using a MacBook Air and for the first time used iCloud to send an email, how do I know if the email reached the person's inbox .. As I understand it , I have no ability to see if it was read unless the receiver does something in his end ... Basically, I do not want to get him involved. I just want to know if it got to his inbox or is it blocked .. Just trying to see if he could read it
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What more do you need
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you still there .. I do not think you answered my question
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am assuming u have left me without an answer

I am still here! However, I'm afraid there is no way to perform the action you're hoping to...at least not with iCloud. The only option you'd have in this case is to use read receipts, which does prompt the user.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
are you saying that you can not even tell me if the email got to him?

That's correct. iCloud email does not offer the functionality you're seeking.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
are u saying that I am going to have to pay for the answers you gave me that iCloud does not offer that service? If so , I do I ask for a refund
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How to I stop paying for a service that you do not offer
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are u still there

You never have to pay us if you are not satisfied! I will escalate this to our customer service team to handle your refund.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank u please do as I am not satisfied
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I would like a refund as I am not satisfied with the service