Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

My Yahoo email account has been hacked. The hacker changed

Customer Question

My Yahoo email account has been hacked. The hacker changed my password ***** I cannot get back in to change it back. The recovery process offered by Yahoo requires that a validation code be sent to an alternate email address. The alternate address in my Yahoo account is an old email account that has been suspended. Any ideas on how to get back into my Yahoo email account?
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Hi Darcy,

What is your Yahoo! email address?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

It looks like the validation email to your rocketmail account is the only automated recovery process available but there is an option to post on the Yahoo forum to fix the issue. I can either post on the forum for you or provide you with the steps to do it yourself. Please remember the process can take 1-3 days for a resolution and I have no control of the overall outcome of their action.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please provide me with the steps to do it myself.
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Absolutely!

You will need to create another Yahoo! email address so that you can post on the forum. After you create the account, click here: https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Password-and-sign-in/bd-p/PasswordSign-in

Click on Start a Topic

Post all of the information that you can -- Please include that you do not have the alternative email address anymore but you can verify your account with other information.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK. I'll proceed as you stated above. When will I be charged for this session with you?
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

I work on the technical side so I do not have access to payment information but our session has already started.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I understood that the balance of the payment would be taken when I was satisfied that my problem was solved. So far, I'm not satisfied. All you've done is refer me to a forum that may or may not solve my problem. I'd like to pay only when we're done.
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Darcy,

Unfortunately, I have no control over payments. Please post on the forum and let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I've posted on the forum. There are several other people seeking answers to the same problem. As far as I can tell, there have been no answers to the forum requests on this issue for the past week+. I would conclude that there will be no answers to my query. I am not satisfied with the JustAnswer solution to my problem. I want a refund for the fee I've paid for this advice. I'll gladly pay the fee if I can get a solution. Please advise.
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

Darcy,

It can take 1-3 days for a response from Yahoo. Please let me know if you don't have a response by the 3rd day.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
how would I let you know that?
Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

You can reply back here and I will be alerted.

Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 6 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.