Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation
94617175

Many folders in my gmail account on my iPhone 6 are gone.

Customer Question

many folders in my gmail account on my iPhone 6 are gone. Also I can receive emails but they are going to the Unread folder, not the Inbox. The last update removed the Gmail app and directed everything to go through the Apple mail. Please help me get my folders back.
Category: Email
Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

It would appear you may have a rule on your gmail to divert folders to different places. We have 2 options here:

1. I could try and speak you through removing or chaging the rules
  2. I could connect to your PC and do it for you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let's try the walkthrough.
Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.
  1. Navigate to the "Filters" list from the "Settings" menu. From the main Inbox screen, click on the gear icon in the top right corner. Choose "Settings" from the drop-down menu. This will take you to the General Settings tab of the Settings page. The fifth tab from the left is "Filters." Click this tab.
    • You should see 11 tabs along the top of the General Settings screen: General, Labels, Inbox, Accounts and Import, Filters, Forwarding and POP/IMAP, Chat, Labs, Offline, and Themes.
  2. 2

Delete one filter. If you only want to delete one filter, scroll through your list of filters or use Ctrl+F to find the filter you want to delete. To the right of that filter, you will see options to "edit" and "delete." Click "Delete". A prompt will pop up asking "Really delete this filter?" Click OK to delete.

3. 3

Delete multiple filters. If you want to delete multiple filters, click on the small boxes to the left of each filter you wish to delete; this will add a check mark to each box. Scroll to the bottom of the screen once you have checked all of the filters that you want to delete. You will see buttons to "export" and "delete." Click :Delete". A prompt will pop up asking "Really delete this filter?" Click OK.

4. 4

Try the basic HTML version, if you have a slow connection. First, look for two buttons along the search bar at the top: Search Mail and Search the Web. To their right are two links: Show search options, and Create a filter. Click on "Create a filter," then scroll down once the page opens to see a list of the filters you've created so far. There should be two buttons at the end of each filter: edit and delete. Click on the Delete button to finish your job.

5. 5

Create another filter. If you choose to create another filter, you can create the new filter from the Settings menu. You can also use the Create a Filter link located next to the Search the Web box in any open Gmail Window.
    • Remember, you can create and edit as many Gmail filters as you like, but only 20 of the filters can be used to forward mail to other email addresses.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Bye
Expert:  Kevin T replied 4 months ago.

Did it work?

Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 4 months ago.

Did the above tips worked for you ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do not contact me again. I have authorized your payment to go through so please take it and don't contact me any more.

Alright !!. Thank you !!