Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  All type of email clients, microsoft, web based, linux

I am trying to access my gmail account - and I have been

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I am trying to access my gmail account - and I have been locked out - have followed their recovery options - and now I get a message saying your account has been disabled - and they will not be able to send me a verification text until after 24 hours (next day) due to many attempts. Is this a common problem?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: i discovered something was wrong this afternoon (I am in Asia currently) - about 15 hours ago
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: all the available options - with answering questions - about my mail usage - can the account have been hacked? I noticed i received google verification sms msg and after that access to my gmail account has not been possible
JA: The email expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: just to summarise - i was logged on and signed into my gmail account - and then about 15 hours ago - I received a SMS text msg with a google verification code which was strange as I had not requested it. Post this, unable to log on my gmail account. my password ***** to be invalid. I think maybe someone has hacked my account - so I have contacted gmail and followed their support options to try and get access to my account - the latest attempt said my account has been disabled until 30 July and only after then will I be possible to receive a new SMS text msg verification. Please help resolve. Thank you for your support.
Category: Email
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing

If you did NOT request the SMS text verification.....then somebody ELSE did......and its easy to only need to know the Gmail address.

If you are now LOCKED out, and have to wait.....theres nothign that can be done...except WAIT!

That is Google policy.....there is NO WAY around it!