James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Trying to move the Live Mail messages from 7 on one computer

Customer Question

trying to move the Live Mail messages from 7 on one computer to 10 on another, but it's not working
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: the old system is a custom built 15 year old running windows 7 and the other is a dell laptop that is 6 years old that windows 10 was just installed on. Dell is now telling me that it is not compatable with windows 10.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have tried the export and import thru live mail.
JA: The email expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: is there a charge for this?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Email Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: i'm not sure i want to continue, as i've never heard of you and don't want to give cc info.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Before I can assist you with this, please tell me the following:

1. Are you using Windows Live Mail 2012 in your Windows 7?
  2. If yes, what email account(s) do you have there in your Windows Live Mail? (Gmail? Yahoo? Hotmail? Outlook.com?)
  3. Have you already installed Windows Live Mail in your Windows 10 and the only problem left is migrating your old data to the Windows 10 computer?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess