James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I THINK I WAS HACKED ON WEDNESDAY AS ALL MY CONTACTS

Customer Question

I THINK I WAS HACKED ON WEDNESDAY AS ALL MY CONTACTS RECEIVED THE SAME EMAIL THAT WAS NOT SENT BY ME AND MY SECURITY WAS DOWN. SINCE THAT TIME MY OUTLOOK MAIL IS NOT WORKING TO RECEIVE CURRENT EMAILS. THIS IS MY BUSINESS EMAIL AM TALKING ABOUT AND I DO NOT KNOW WHAT MANUFACTURER IS INVOICING OR SENDING ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS THAT NEED TO BE CHECKED FOR CORRECTNESS BEFORE SHIPPING. YOU SEE WHAT CAN HAPPEN NOT SEEING MY EMAILS CAN DO TO ME. I HAVE HAD MY TECH CHECK THIS FOR HOURS AND HE COULD NOT FIX IT. LEFT A MESSAGEFOR GOOGLE BUT NO WORD FROM THEM. CAN YOU HELP ME, THIS HACK JOB HAS COST ME $400.00 SO FAR AND NOTHING HAS CHANGED.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

you indicate outlook mail and google. Are you saying you are using outlook the program eg: outlook 2016 with Gmail?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,