comp_audio, 20+ Year Computer Expert
Experience:  20+ years experience supporting e-mail issues of all kinds.

Trying to send a group email using "bcc" for the recipients.

Customer Question

Trying to send a group email using "bcc" for the recipients. First, we can't access our contact list in the bcc area. Seems like we have to enter them all into "To" section and then cut and paste them into the bcc area.
When we did a test email, the email the recipient receives an email without their name or any name in the "To" section.
Category: Email
Expert:  Barun replied 2 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

1. You can access and input your contacts directly in the BCC field by clicking on the BCC button itself, while in the Compose window. This will bring up the Contacts window; just make sure that the correct address book is selected at the top, to see and select your contacts.

2. BCC will basically HIDE all of the contacts the email is sent to, from the recipients; hence, they are not able to see any sender address (even their own) as they were all typed in the BCC field itself.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to rate my service by clicking on (and submit) one of the five stars at the top of this page - this is the only way that I'll be credited for assisting you today. Thank you.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Barun replied 2 months ago.

PS: Please do NOT accept any remote assistance offer if it shows up on this page at any time; it's sent out automatically by our site, and not by me. We do not need to do a remote session for your issue; I'll reply back to you below now.

Expert:  Barun replied 2 months ago.

Basically, if you would like your recipients to see their own email address (and for other recipients as well), you may use the CC field instead - BCC stands for "Blind Carbon Copy" and will hide any recipient that the email is BCC'ed to. Do let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Expert:  comp_audio replied 2 months ago.

Hello, please tell me if your still looking for assistance with this issue?

Please let me know if you still require assistance.