michelleclive
michelleclive, Email
Experience:  I am a computer professional have fixed and handled email issues.
26798893

I am trying to reset my gmail and google account password.

Customer Question

Hi I am trying to reset my gmail and google account password. My problem is that the recovery email address I used when setting up the account is no longer in use. I hence cant access the link sent to recovery email to reset password.
My account has been compromised and I would like to delete all in my google drive but cannot access my account at all , could you please assist urgently
Category: Email
Expert:  michelleclive replied 11 months ago.

Hi Judy my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

What have you tried apart from the secondary recovery email option.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have tried to go through the list of questions to answer but I need to get this sorted urgently is there anyway I can reset password ***** my cell phone?

Is the recovery phone number provided in your google account working?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I set up my google a while back so im hoping its my current number but sure it is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can I request password ***** via my linked phone

give me a moment let me check

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you

open www.gmail.com

in the sign in page click on cant access account option at bottom

select forgot password

follow onscreen steps

let me know if it gives the option to send recovery code on yourphone?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok going to try

ok

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hi when I access www.gmail.com do I click on sign in next to the create an account button

do you see an option below that says forgot password ***** cant access account

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have found an option on forgot username to enter my recovery phone this option is not available on the forgot password, should I attempt this

yes please try

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
looks like its working give me a minute

sure

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I received a code to enter, this was successful and the response is that the phone number is ***** with the username which is my email :***@******.*** now I need to see how to reset password ***** this number linked ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it is still taking me to 2 level user verification and old email requirement
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I need to see the option cant access account but cant find it

well it seems you turned on 2 step verification

let me check

does it give you an option that says to verify your identity??

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it asks for general questions, once answered it requests my ip address to continue. Should I follow that route, if so then I need to do on my mobile as I would not want to do on my work computer, I will give that a try I unfortunately have been called to a meeting, would we be able to reconnect to continue till resolution if so how?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Im quickely trying on my mobile

Try to follow the recovery instruction on the home computer where you access gmail the most.

Dont try on different ip address or it will lead to a permanent block by google.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my challenge is the laptop and phone I previously used are not longer in my possesstion, my laptop was returned to employer and my phone is in for forensic analysis due to the hack

Computer does not matter in this case its the internet router or the connection which matters the most ip address is recorded from your internet connection.

you can use any computer or a phone attached to the same internet.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok so I have the same cellular account so internet connectivity would be from same source

Do you use cellular network at home or your phone is connected to the home network automatically when you reach home. Try to reset the password ***** home as it google will identify the home network ip.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
im busy working through the questions now

okay.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok they are asking for email to reset my password, so im going to submit this and hope it helps.

alright.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok they have said they would respond in 3 to 5 days to my new email address, not ideal but cant seem to find another solution

you will have to wait as it totally depends on google to release or suspend the account.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
May I reconnect with you on the remaining questions, how do I connect with you directly again

yes you can reopen the chat from www.justanswer.com login to the site and check with my question.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am aware that my google drive has been accessed and downloaded by a third party, what are my options to take down my account or secure it further
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will be attending my meeting now please just let me know how to reconnect many thanks
Judy

Once google gets back to you with the recovery result then you can reset the password ***** dont go for 2 step verification and if you want to opt for it then you have to make sure that the recovery email and recovery phone both are active and you have access to them.

I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask or reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question

further. Thank you