James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I am not receiving emails in my yahoo account. about six

Customer Question

i am not receiving emails in my yahoo account.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: about six hours. I have received about 10 emails during that time, generally i'd receive many more (from dept. stores, groupon, etc)
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: emailed yahoo ..... said they didn't detect any problems. called some 800 number that claimed they were yahoo technicians and they said my iPhone was hacked in Nigeria and tried to get me to pay for a technician. called apple and they couldn't figure anything out
JA: The email expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the email issue. Is there any error or message when accessing your yahoo email at the website?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I use my iPhone. there has been no message error. I generally get multiple emails a day (from various department stores, groupon, etc) and I have not gotten many in six hours. I contacted yahoo via email and they replied that there were no problems

Thank you. Besides the iPhone, do you also have a Windows or Mac computer?

- Can you please test going to the website, then there, select the Mail option, then sign in your yahoo email address there. Then do you receive new email messages there?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,