GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds

My AOL email account was hacked several weeks ago and I

Customer Question

My AOL email account was hacked several weeks ago and I cannot use the account now! I need to reset passwords so that I can log into AOL and log into my email account. Plrase help!
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

I'd like to try to walk you through what needs to be done by providing detailed instructions here. Let’s begin by going to There you will need to enter your username, which is often the same as your aol email address.

You'll also need to complete the captcha (type in the letters and or numbers that you see in the box below) where you entered your user id/email. Then click next.

Next you'll see a screen where you can type in your cell phone number and have a code sent to your phone. If you still have access to the same cell phone number that you used when you setup the account, then type in that phone number and press next. If you do not have access to that phone number, click on More Verification Methods. Next click beside Answer Security Questions.

Complete the questions and click next. You will then see a screen where you can type in a new password. You will need to type it in twice, then click next. You should see a message on the next page that your password ***** been reset! Please take a moment to update your phone number on this page and to add a second email account. This information will be used to help you regain access to your account if you ever lose it again.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

If you are unable to reset it online using the instructions that I have provided, you will need to call 1-***-***-**** (Mon-Fri: 8am-1am ET; Sat-Sun: 8am-10pm ET).

Once your problem has been resolved, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.