Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I am missing Windows Live Mail with all the emails from

Customer Question

I am missing Windows Live Mail with all the emails from 13-09-2013 to 19-07-2016, and storage folders. I have found my contacts under 'people'. How can I find my emails etc? Linda Rockliff
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome Linda

Can you tell me please the version of windows you are using?

And are you referring to windows live mail the program or the website?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will have to think about this. I am wary of allowing people to get into my computor. I might try to think of some other options first. The other thing is that by accident I clicked the continuing support. Linda
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Its no problem Linda, we have been here for 13 years and I personally for 6, with thousands of happy customers.

As I said it is up to you, else please reply on the questions I asked.

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am using Windows 10. I suppose it was the Windows Live Mail 2011 program that I was using.
I will think about it over the next day or so.
Linda
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok... but as I said we can continue here Linda.

Close Windows Live then

Can you press the windows key + R

Type in %appdata%

Press enter

Click Appdata at the top then double click Local, then Microsoft, then Right click Windows Live and select properties

Then click on Previous Version and select a version before it dissapeared

Once done, open windows live and tell me if they have returned please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have lost Windows Live Mail too. I went through the routine you suggested and found nothing. They said there was no previous version. It is not a good time for me to continue as the light is fading and I want to go out and feed the cats. pPlease do not do anything more until i contact you again. Sorry about all this.
Linda
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok Linda