James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I upgraded to Windows 10 on my Dell computer. When I

Customer Question

I upgraded to Windows 10 on my Dell computer. When I rebooted it asked for a non existing password. There is no password ***** any way to set up a password ***** any way to switch user.
I am a non profit who is submitting a federal grant weds July 20 and I can not get into my computer please help. I am desperate c
Carole Adlard.(###) ###-####
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi Carole! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Can you tell me please what you see above the password *****? Is it an email address or just a username?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Just a user name
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Emily shelton
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Ok. Thank you for that information. This means that the account. Once we have regained access to the computer, I highly recommend setting up a Microsoft account so you can reset your password ***** should you need to in the future.

The only way to get past this is to "refresh" your computer. Refreshing your PC restores its system software to its factory state without deleting your files or installed Modern apps. However, any installed desktop apps will be removed.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Czar
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are u sure U can?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry. I am unsure what you're asking. Are you responding to the automated offers for additional services? If so, please ignore. We are only able to offer Secure Remote Access if you can login to your computer. I can offer a phone call if that would be helpful.