Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

Why can't I receive e-mails from hotkey.net.au?

Customer Question

Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi Carolyn, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using an email ending with @hotkey.net.au and you are able to send but your other email is not receiving it?

What email account is not receiving the hotkey.net.au emails?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The email account I use is @hotmail.com but I don't seem to be able to receive emails from @hotkey.net.au. I can send an email to @hotkey.net.au and they receive it but I can't receive their answer!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Please tell me the following:

1. Are you using a web browser like Internet Explorer, or Chrome, to access your Hotmail and send out emails? Or are you using an email program like MS Outlook 2010?
  2. Can you confirm from them if they are getting FDN or Failure Delivery Notification after sending emails to you?
  3. Have you checked your blocked addresses?
  4. Did they send a fresh email? Or did they just hit the reply button to send you emails?

Please let me know so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Jess for getting back to be so soon.
1. I use Chrome as my web browser and then when I pick my Hotmail sign-in it starts to open up as "outlook.live.com".
2. The office with which I am having this problem is now closed. I will have to get in touch with them tomorrow. (I am in Australia)
3. I have checked and cleared all my "junk email". Is blocked addresses that same as that?
4. I do not know - I will ask them that question also tomorrow when I talk to them.I will get back to you tomorrow hopefully about this same time. Kindest regards, Carolyn.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 4 months ago.

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for writing back with that information. Yes, we can resume with this tomorrow when you are back.

By blocked addresses, they are not the SAME as Junk email. In your Hotmail, you can block email addresses so that all emails coming from them will NOT reach your inbox, without notifying them. This is useful to protect you from spammers. They keep sending emails and the best way to deal with them is to block their email addresses so that their emails will not reach your Inbox any time.

So I suggest you check your Hotmail account first to see if you have blocked email addresses. If the @hotkey.net.au email is among them, remove it from the list.

To find your blocked emails, click on the small gear icon on the top right of the Hotmail page, then click on Options. Look at the left panel, under Junk email, click on Blocked Senders.

You also need to ask them to send a fresh email to you as test, that is, ask them to compose an email, then manually enter your email address to the TO field, type a simple test note, then send to you.

There is a difference when you are not getting their replies, and if you are not getting fresh emails from them.

Please let me know your results so that I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess