James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I can receive but no longer send email on Outlook. Can you

Customer Question

I can receive but no longer send email on Outlook. Can you help to fix this?
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I'll need to ask you a few questions in order to best help you. What version of Outlook do you have? Also, what Operating System do you have on your computer?

If you're not sure, you should be able to use one of these links to find out. Or, if you prefer I can connect to you remotely and work on this while you watch.

For Windows

Can you click this link and tell me what you see please?

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X"

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Your OS is Windows 8.1* 64-bit
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for that information. Can you open Outlook and tell me what version that is? Once I know that I can provide detailed instructions for troubleshooting.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

I also need to know the last part of your email address (the part after the @ sign) so I can look up the proper mail server settings for that provider.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

This link can help you to figure out the version number for Outlook if you aren't sure.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Mozilla Thunderbird 45.2.0
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Oh, so you're using Thunderbird instead of Outlook. No worries. I am familiar with Thunderbird too.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm sorry to confuse you.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

It's perfectly ok. I see that is hosted by godaddy. The smtp, pop, and email settings for godaddy sites will vary according to the type of account that you have. Have you received any correspondence form them lately advising that you need to make any changes?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
not that I know of
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. Would you consider allowing me to connect remotely to your computer to work on this while you watch? It would be much faster and I am willing to do this at no additional charge

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. Please click on the link below:

On the page that opens up, click "I Agree."

Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the left corner.)

I'll then be connected.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the link doesn't seem to be working