Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I think I have a bug in my iMac Apple product. About 6 weeks

Customer Question

I think I have a bug in my iMac Apple product. About 6 weeks ago I began to get 75-80 Junk mails daily. Can we check out my system to find it?
Also on Outlook e-mail sometimes it just "eats" my almost ready to send e-mails. This morning I had a detailed report to go out, I clicked on format to change it to 1 1/2 spaces, and the whole message disappeared. It wasn't in drafts, it wasn't in Junk, it wasn't in trash. Also, some important peoples' names on my committee have been placed in the junk file.
Please help.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

Hi there Carol. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. I think we should start by running a couple of cleanup utilities on your MAC. I recommend Ccleaner for Mac and MalwareBytes for MAC. Although Macs are much less likely to get viruses and spyware then Windows computer, it still can happen and it sounds as though it has happened to you. DO you have an Antivirus program on your MAC? If not I can recommend one that is free and quite reliable that I use on my own MAC.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 9 months ago.

I can provide detailed instructions for you to download and run these programs and also to check for potentially harmful browser add-ons, or if you'd like, I can perform these steps for you while you watch via the Premium Service of Secure Remote Assistance. This is completely optional. If you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and work on the issue for you. If you do not choose to take this service, but need more help, we can continue here.