IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional

I am trying to password protect and encrypt e-mail and

Customer Question

I am trying to password ***** and encrypt e-mail and attachments. I downloaded streak, but it does not work. I see the streak icon and the little lock picture next to the "compose" email button, but it never asks for a password ***** be set up when sending out an e-mail- doesn't give me the option to create one?? I tried to re-install secure gmail, but it won't even let me download anymore- possibly because I already have it installed?? Do I have to have google chrome?
Category: Email
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

In order for the Secure Mail for Gmail by Streak to work, you will need to install Google Chrome web browser since it is a Google Chrome extension. So, if you don't already have Google Chrome installed, you can download it on this link:

After the installation, add the "Secure Mail for Gmail by Streak" extension by clicking on this link:

Once the extension has been installed, access your GMail account with Google Chrome. Next to the standard "Compose" button, you should see the lock icon meaning Secure Mail is ready for use. Click on that lock and you will see the compose window along with the "-Secured" text at the top. Compose your e-mail and click on the "Send Encrypted" button. You will then be asked to enter a password, and password ***** which is optional. Finally, click on the "Encrypt & Send" button and your e-mail will be sent encrypted.

The recipient will see your name (e-mail address) and the subject, but the e-mail contents will be encrypted. It will look like some gibberish. In order for the recipient to decrypt the e-mail, they also need to use Google Chrome with the "Secure Mail for Gmail by Streak" extension installed. If they don't have it installed, a link for the extension will be included.

Once the correct password ***** been entered, gibberish will be replaced with the real content you sent.

I suggest sending some test e-mails to yourself first to see how it works. If you require further assistance, let me know.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.