James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

L have a hotmail account which l can't get into.on all my

Customer Question

Hi l have a hotmail account which l can't get into.on all my devices it says your username or password ***** incorrect .l have tried every password ***** can think of and still can't get in.
Please help l'm desperate
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. The first thing you should do is turn off all of your devices except one. We'll reset the password ***** the hotmail account, make sure that we can login to the account on the computer, and once we can do that we'll turn the devices back on one at a time and update the password ***** them. The reason that we need to do it this way is that if those devices are automatically connecting to hotmail and trying to login they can cause the account to lock again even after we have reset it. Please let me know when all of your devices are off and you are ready to start on the computer.