Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

When I recently retired, I changed email addresses. When I

Customer Question

When I recently retired, I changed email addresses. When I sign into the iTunes Store, a message comes up saying enter your password ***** your Apple ID " my old address ". How do I get the new address activated for iTunes?
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

Hi!

There are a couple of steps required for this process...

Take a look here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202667

Follow those steps then follow these steps below:

iCloud

1. Tap Settings > iCloud on your iOS device. If you see the option to sign in, you can change your Apple ID now.
  2. Scroll down and tap Sign Out.
  3. Tap Sign Out again to confirm. After you sign out of iCloud, you might not be able to access some of your data that's stored in iCloud until you sign in again. If you're part of a family, you need to sign back in to use Family Sharing.
  4. Choose Keep on My iPhone or Delete from My iPhone when you're asked what you want to do with your iCloud data.
  5. Enter your password ***** sign out.
  6. Go to Settings > iCloud and enter your Apple ID and password.
  7. Tap Sign In.

If you updated your Apple ID email address and your device repeatedly asks for the password ***** your previous Apple ID, you can temporarily change your Apple ID to sign in.

iTunes, iBooks, and App Store

1. Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. If you see the option to Sign In, you can change your Apple ID now.
  3. Tap Sign Out.
  4. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  5. Tap Sign In, then enter your Apple ID and password.

If you changed your Apple ID to share content with a family member or because you have multiple Apple IDs, try Family Sharing instead. With Family Sharing, you can link your family's Apple IDs into a group that can share purchases, photos, and more.

Messages

1. Tap Settings > Messages.
  2. Tap Send & Receive.
  3. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  4. Tap Use your Apple ID for iMessage.
  5. Enter your Apple ID and password, then tap Sign In.

FaceTime

1. Tap Settings > FaceTime.
  2. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  3. Tap Use your Apple ID for FaceTime.
  4. Enter your Apple ID and password, then tap Sign In.

Game Center

1. Tap Settings > Game Center. If you see the option to sign in, you can change your Apple ID now.
  3. Tap Sign In, then enter your Apple ID and password.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.