GeekGal, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS Degree & 15 + years experience supporting email issues of all kinds

HP Pavilion 20, windows 8 On my main office computer, when

Customer Question

HP Pavilion 20, windows 8
On my main office computer, when it is turned on, It immediately asks for a password ***** a person who used to work here. I don't have a password. How do I bypass this?
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this.

I'll need to ask a few questions in order to best help you.

1) On the login screen do you see a user name or an email address above the password *****?

2) Do you have a strong need to access files of previous user or would you be willing to reset the computer to factory defaults?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I cant long into the computer because it goes straight to asking for a password. Has not been doing that. I need icons on the desk top the policies that are in her email box, plus forms that are under documents.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I already paid $42.00. I cant pay any more.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

That's fine. Those are automated prompts. Just ignore them. Give me just a moment please to check on something.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Is there anyone at who has access to all of the email accounts? you have access to a cell phone # ***** in 97?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

We can reset the password ***** the account but it will require that we get a code from the email account or from the phone ending in 97.

Do you know other passwords that she may have used? if so can you provide them please? DO you know her mother's birthplace?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no one's cell ends in 97. I did get a code 8454. Im now the only person here,
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

if not, just request a new one. And leave the page open so you can enter it. Then just follow the prompts on the screen to try to verify ownership. The phone # ***** in 97 could be a landline.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have it. As much as I did not want to, I called her and she told me...
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Awesome! I'm so glad! Now that you have access to the account, it would be a good idea to go to and change the security questions and the phone number associated with the account so you can easily regain access in the future if you should need to.

Would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you find that you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.