Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I can't get into my E-mail account msn. have filled in the

Customer Question

I can't get into my E-mail account msn. have filled in the forms required and still cannot get into account had this account 15 years I am not IT savvy what can I do ?
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please what was the message you received when you completed the form? And did microsoft email you on the e ail address you gave them for contact?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They responded to my e-mail I gave them***@******.*** with a number to proceed to next stage completed request and still cannot get into account. they have set me final request to open a new account but all my info is in previous account***@******.***.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Ok, if they sent the request to make a new account then Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password.

It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. MSN being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Microsoft states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not Microsoft, their policies, or the situation itself.