Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer
94203781

I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7.The message I

Customer Question

I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7.The message I receive is that my display (Asus HDM) isn't compatible with Windows 10. Now what?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I can assist you. It may be possible to upgrade the drivers of your display to get the update to proceed. Is it the Asus HDMI Display Adapter that is holding it up?

What is the model of the PC or laptop that you are installing Windows 10 on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HP Pavilion Elite. Your site keeps disappearing from my screen.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HP Pavilion Elite. Your site keeps disappearing from my screen. This is not only frustrating but also a bit worrysome as I am no longer sure that you are legitimate.

Do you have the model number of the HP Pavilion Elite?

You can check us on the Better Business Bureau. We help hundreds of people a day. We make sure you're satisfied before any transaction takes place.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Would it be e9280t

Yes. Let me look up the HP site for the latest drivers. I'll send you a link if I find one.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. Why is your site going off and on? I am being bombarded with ads from other computer software.

I'm referencing the HP website. It does not look like your PC has Windows 10 drivers yet. There is a link that will check to see if you are, in fact, able to upgrade. Click this link here and run the Identify Now button.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/windows10/upgrade.html

It a red button halfway down the page.

Actually, I just plugged that model number into the website and HP says that your model has not been tested. That means that it won't have drivers for your PC and essentially will not work correctly. It would be better to stay where you're at on your existing Windows than try to upgrade. You'll probably have to buy a different PC with Windows 10 installed get the new Windows.

If you are running Windows 7, I would stick with it. Windows 10 needs a lot of work and there won't be a decent update for it until Aug. 2nd when the Anniversary Edition is released.

Let me know if you still need any help. If I was able to answer your question, please rate my answer with the stars at the top of the screen.

Thanks,

Jason