Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer

Two questions. I sent some email from my Kindle and when I

Customer Question

Two questions. I sent some email from my Kindle and when I log into my AT&T Email account on a computer, those messages do not show up in the Sent Email Folder. How can I get them there?
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using for this account?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None, I couldn't find anything related to this topic.
JA: The email expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes, is there a way to recall emails that have been sent?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I can assist you. The Sent folder in any client is only relative to client that sends it. If you sent it from your Kindle, it won't show up on the webmail page. You might be able to get this to work if the e-mail profile is set to IMAP rather than POP, since IMAP is a direct connection to your e-mail server.

Once your e-mail has gone through the SMTP servers at AT&T, they are not able to be recalled. The speed in which they go through the server make it impossible to do so. If you had a local mail server where you were sending to another person on the same server, such as a corporate environment, it would be possible to recall the e-mail since the e-mail still resides on that server.