James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

Somehow my pandora app was lost on my tablet and i cant

Customer Question

somehow my pandora app was lost on my tablet and i cant download with out an email and a password. I've used both of my email addresses and changed passwords a few times but it wont recognize the email or the passwords. I need someone to walk me through the process step by step.
Category: Email
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there Pete. Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this. Can you tell me please what type of tablet you have?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
samsung android
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
lets just do on line
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for that information. It sounds like you need the correct user name and password ***** Google Play. Is this a Samsung Galaxy Tab? I see that you have requested remote assistance. I don't have the capability to connect to your tablet, but I can help you recover your user name and password ***** Google Play by connecting to your computer. Would that work?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
alison are u still there?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

I'm here. Did you see my last reply? I don't have the capability to connect to your tablet, but I can help you recover your user name and password ***** Google Play by connecting to your computer. Would that work?

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

If you'd like for me to connect remotely to a computer to help you with the reset, please click here:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=fbf581a3-0699-4b15-840d-9fa163db6fea

On the page that opens up, click "I Agree."

Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the left corner.)

I'll then be connected.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

If you'd rather try to reset it yourself Here are detailed instructions:

To change the password ***** your Google Account, just follow these steps:

Go to http://google.com and click on sign-in. Enter your username and click on "Need Help". On the next page, click beside "I don't know my password" then click on 'Continue". You'll be asked to enter the last password ***** you remember. Enter it, then click "Continue".

If you have previously added a recovery email account, you will be shown part of the email address and you will be asked to enter the entire email address. Next, you'll need to check your recovery email account for an email that will tell you how to reset your password.

If you previously added a cell phone number as a recovery option you may be given the opportunity to have a code texted to you.

If neither of those options works, you still may be able to get in. You will be asked for details about how you used your account, people you emailed often, when the account was created, labels or filters you created - or other verifiable information. If you can answer these questions correctly, so Google can verify that you are indeed the owner of the account, you will be sent a link to reset your password.

If you are unable to regain access to the account using the methods above, and you wish to speak with someone in person about gmail, you may call 1-***-***-****. Please note that the lines are automated, and hold times can be lengthy when you request a live person but this is the only way to get back into your email if you no longer have access to the recovery email and phone number listed for the gmail account and you don't remember the answers to the security questions.
When you have reset the password ***** you are logged into your account, please go to settings and update your recovery email address, your phone number, and your security questions. This will make it much easier for you to recover access to your account if you forget your password ***** the
future.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't need to change my google password ***** the password ***** my pandora one account on the tablet in question. Pandora on my desktop, phone etc. works fine, but this tablet connects to my sonos system and I use it from room to room and to outside.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Are you trying to download the Pandora APP from the Google Play Store or from the Pandora website? If you're trying to get it from the Google Play Store and the Samsung tablet is asking for an email address and password, the one that it wants is the one that was used to setup the tablet, presumably your son's.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Allison, are you still there? will your answer come on this ssite or by email?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

I'm still here. I am committed to working with you until this is resolved. My replies should appear both here and in your email. When there is heavy traffic on the site there may occasionally be a brief delay in the appearance of the response and/or the sending of the email.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Allison, can we continue this tomorrow? My battery has almost died. If we tried to complete the task, I'd run out of battery. Will that be O.K.? Please email a response and how I log on to your site>
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

That would be fine Pete. You can just return to the Just Answer site and go to your questions, or you can follow the link from an email.

www.justanswer.com

Early morning or early afternoon is best for me. I'm in CST.