Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

My email account has been hacked. I was told I need to

Customer Question

My email account has been hacked. I was told I need to change my password ***** fix the problem but I am having trouble doing that.
Ed
Category: Email
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

Hi Ed,

Who is the email provider? Also, are you able to sign into the account?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
YAHOO mail and yes I can still use it but I had thousands of messages saying my email could not be delivered and I did not send that many emails to anyone
Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

These types of scams/spamming e-mails are becoming extremely common these days and generally don't contain any viruses or malware - it's just spam advertising. Once you change your password, the spammer who is accessing your account from a different location will no longer have access to it and your account will be secured within 1-2days.

To change your password:

Click here: https://edit.yahoo.com/config/eval_profile

1. Click Account Security.
  2. Click Change password.
  3. Enter and confirm your new password.
  4. Click Continue.
    - A confirmation appears.
  5. Click Continue to finish.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 7 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.