Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs

I just opened my computer and all my emails were gone. Mac,

Customer Question

I just opened my computer and all my emails were gone.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Mac, aol
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: The email expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please how you exactly access your AOL emails? Is it via your web browser? Via the AOL desktop?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
aol desktop
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Can you sign out of the AOL Desktop, this will bring you back to the sign in page.

Then sign in again and tell me if your emails then display please.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

? ok sorry but its not clear as these are two different programs

Is is Safari or AOL desktop?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Safari, l just opened l only get new emails
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok, check the trash folder for any emails

You see any there?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there are emails that l deleted
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok, these are all the emails that can be recovered, so click these and move them back to your inbox.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you