Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I am a gmail customer. I cannot send or receive emails via

Customer Question

I am a gmail customer. I cannot send or receive emails via google mail. I can send messages via outlook but not receive any messages. My google mail and icloud show as not updated.
When I try to send emails I receive the following;
"Error code 80048830"
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

To check, your getting this issue when trying to send on the iPhone correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's a Windows phone but I am experiencing the same problem on my laptop
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Ok, how do you access it on your Laptop? Via an email program? Which one?

And whats the make and model of the phone?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
On my laptop it is via google gmail. My phone is a Microsoft phone - Lumia Denim Model RM-1074
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

yes, but which actual program on your laptop please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Gmail (Google mail)
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, thats just the email service which you said before... Its not a program...

It appears I cannot get an answer to this, but click this link

https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

Click Turn on

Then tell me if the devices work please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No - still receiving the same message "We're having a problem sending messages. Make sure you have a connection and your account information is correct then try again. Last tried 3 minutes ago
Error code: 80048830"In Settings email + accounts on the phone under Google it says "not up to date" and iClound "not up to date"This has just happened over the last 24 to 36 hours.I have not changed any settings on the phone. I have tried to send some emails with photos attached to friends holiday in Bali and they haven't received the messages. I can't even send emails to myself. The messages which I previously tried to send are sitting in the outbox.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I cannot access Outlook on my laptop because whenever I try to install it Google denies access
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Install what sorry on the Laptop? I still need to know which program you use

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If you can tell me where I can find that information on the laptop I may be able to tell you.I use Microsoft Outlook and Google for emails on my iphone. They are synched. When I receive the error messages for Google it tells me synchronization last occurred last Wednesday. Synchronization is programmed to occur every 15 minutes between the two email systems. My iphone and laptop are also synchronized for email. However I am unable to use Microsoft Outlook for emails on my laptop as the current system prevents me from uploading it.Any emails sent to me are bouncing back to the sender as I found out via a phone call this morning. This is for private emails. I am still able to receive yours and those from commercial sites trying to sell their products.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

on the phone go to Settings, Mail, press on your account and press Delete Account.

Once done, go to Settings, Mail and add your account back to it again

Does it then work?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When I press on the account I receive the following message'Google errorLast updated last WednesdayWere having a problem sending messages. Make sure you have a connection and your account information is correct, then try again.Last tried ........
Error code: 80048830'It does not let me access a delete button.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

You need to do this within settings, mail it will not try to check then and should not error

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did it within settings mail.It shows up my Microsoft account and when I press on that it does not provide a delete button.It also shows up my Google account and when I press on that I get the error message I sent in my previous email.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, then there is an issue with the iPhone.

We will need to reinstall it.

First backup any data from it first as this will remove all data.

Then once backed up, go to Settings, General, Reset, Erase all content and reset settings.

Once done, setup the iPhone again and add your email account

Tell me if it then works please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
this all sounds too complicated for me. If I erase all content I will lose all my settings. It will take me hours to reset everything just because my Google email no longer works. I have managed to install Microsoft Outlook and will use that in the future and delete Google from my devices so I no longer have the current problems. I must say that I am not impressed with Google mail.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, though you would still want to ensure you have a backup...
But you can forward your messages via Settings, Accounts in Gmail to your outlook account as a work around.
Though at one point you will need to consider the reset if additional items fail which is usually the case.
I will though mark this question to remain open, so any issue, just let me know here please.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit