Jason Fenoglio
Jason Fenoglio, Sr. Systems Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems Engineer
94203781

I upgraded from a pop-only to web & pop account in order to

Customer Question

I upgraded from a pop-only to web & pop account in order to change my previous password. I am now able to log onto yahoo mail using my outlook email email address that was previously working prior to the upgrade and I was able to get the emailing working on my iphone as well. However, I can't get the email working on outlook 2010 anymore after the upgrade. I have followed all of the sign in information and server settings provided and still am getting denied saying the user name and password ***** ***** correct with the following error message:
Task '*****@******.*** - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password ***** this account in Account Settings.'
Can you help me get this working?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I can assist you. There is a setting in the Yahoo! Web Account that allows "less-secure" apps to have access to your Yahoo! Mail. If you go to yahoo.com and hover on your name in the top right corner, click on Account Info. There will be a place for "Manage apps and website connections". Under this page is a setting to turn on Access to Less-Secure Applications. After you turn this on, Outlook will work. Let me know if that doesn't work.

Did you need any more assistance from me? If you accept my answer, please rate the answer on the stars at the top of the page.

Thanks,

Jason