James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

My storage quota was exceeded without my awareness. What

Customer Question

My storage quota was exceeded without my awareness. What happens to the emails I sent and the emails that were sent to me? Can either be recovered? Unfortunately, Outlook does not give any notice the quota is exceeded. I simply noticed I had not received emails. I learned by logging on my account in gmail.
Category: Email
Expert:  Viet - Email Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Unfortunately, Outlook does not know if your email is out of storage or not. So you are not able to receive an email message now.

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have resolved the storage issue and can know send and receive emails. My interest is to know about the emails that were sent to me or that I sent after the storage was exceeded, more so the ones sent to me.

Thank you. Unfortunately, since your email storage was full, then the emails that were sent to you are gone. I believe the emails that you sent to others were sent. Did anyone receive your email message when this issue was occurring? Can you confirm with a couple of people? Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I guess anyone sending then has no way to know the email did not reach me.

Unfortunately, that is the case; they won't get notified since the email address does exist.

Please let me know if you need help with any other computer issue. Thank you,

Do you have any further question about this? And/or do you have any other computer question / issue?