James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I had a lot of trouble resetting my password. New to windows

Customer Question

I had a lot of trouble resetting my password. New to windows 10 Tried various ways. Got the password ***** my account was blocked. They sent mail saying someone may have been using my email. I think it was me. they said that I should send my phone number so they could send a code.
I closed that window accidently so I don't know where and how to send my number. It is(###) ###-####**@******.***. Please help. Jim Berner
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Hi James, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Are you still able to use your new Windows 10 computer despite the password *****? Or are you now unable to use it?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can. Problem is only with Microsoft account
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for writing back with that information. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can perform the recovery on your computer screen while you watch?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no remote. All in need is how to get my information to Microsoft live.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

I understand your concerns and respect your decision regarding remote access. Let me just perform the recovery for you.

If the phone number you listed is the one you registered on your MS account, you shall receive a code. Please give me that code.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, how is it going? Did you get a code on your mobile phone?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

I am still waiting for the code that Microsoft should have sent you on your mobile phone ending in 4071.

Did you get a code?