John, Email Support Specialist
Experience:  I've been in the IT industry for the past 7+ years. I do e-mail password recovery, compromised email account recovery and more.
50152684

I have a very I'll friend abroad. Can I determine if my

Customer Question

I have a very I'll friend abroad.
Can I determine if my friend is any longer reading my gmails of support?
Category: Email
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I will try my best to help you

Which email service are you using to send your friend emails let me know the part after @ in your email id for example @ yahoo.com?

Do you have outlook email application installed in the PC?

Sincerely,

Note: - Please reply using the box below.

Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
gmail.com
To my knowledge, I don't have the outlook email application. Until my friend,***@******.***, returned to the Czech Republic, we had no difficulty exchanging messages. No replies since then. She had been in the UK and was very ill then. I am concerned.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do have Mozilla Firefox as my browser.
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

If you do not have outlook email then there are some free websites that allows you to track the email you send by getting read notification.

Here is a site that offers that : - http://www.getnotify.com/ you need to sign up in that first then only you can use this feature.

Other option is to install windows live mail which is free and configure your email in it and then there is a option to Request a read receipt for all sent messages under Requesting Read Receipts .If you want i can download and install and configure it for you using remote support let me know. (This only works if you are using a windows PC)

Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Did you understand?

Is there anything else you like to know or do you want me to access your computer and show you how to do the above ?

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry I was elsewhere when you replied.
Let me try the getnotify option first.
If I try the 2nd option, I incur the additional $39 charge. Right?
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Yes you are correct so first try the option 1 and send a test mail to your email account (if possible to another email account you are not sending from,if you have one)

Please let me know the result.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Or only if I require your help?
Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

No the additional charge is for remote support only but i can reduce the charge so please try the first option and then let me know whether you need remote support.Do not click on request secure remote support,if its pop ups simply close and reply back to me.

Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

Were you able to do option 1 and did it work?

Expert:  John replied 5 months ago.

I haven't got any reply from you so please let me know

If it worked Please rate me using the rating options (stars) on the top of this page, select the rating and click on submit. If it didn’t work please let me know and we will try other options. Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Sincerely,