Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation

I was a customer with Defense Mobile they suddenly went out

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my name is***** was a customer with Defense Mobile they suddenly went out of business. I need to port my phone number over to a new server. How do I do this?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I noticed that I was not able to call out on my phone science 6/25/016
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: calling the company, no answer
JA: The email expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Is there a charge?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Email Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 3 months ago.

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer

Before porting out you should keep few details handy with you. Please go through below notes:-

Porting out is the process of transferring your phone number to another carrier. Here are some details to make your porting out experience as smooth as possible.

Don't terminate your existing service

Your Defense Mobile account must be active at the start of the port. Porting will automatically close your old account. If you cancel Defense Mobile service before the port completes, your account will be closed prematurely and you will lose your number.

Gather the information you need

Most providers require at a minimum the number you are porting and the account number and PIN or password. Most also ask for the account holder's name and billing address. If you don't know your Defense Mobile account number or Passsword/Passcode, please log into your account, follow the steps to retrieve your Password/Passcode, and gather needed information before porting out. Your account number is ***** at the top of the page after logging here.

Have you selected your another network provider ?