Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs
32989067

I cant open my email, i dont have my old phone, or i cant

Customer Question

i cant open my email
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: i dont have my old phone
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: or i cant recall old secondary email
JA: The email expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no, just want help
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
What email provider are you using, and what email program. Is this on your computer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yahoo
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
On my laptop
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.

you can sign in here? http://mail.yahoo.com

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can you help?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hello??
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.

yes, can you login at the above site I linked?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.

Does it say wrong password? Whats your email address?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.

do you have this phone number? If so what is it?

For security purposes, please verify the missing digits

complete the phone number ending with 15

(2**) ***- Enter 2 missing digits at index 4 from end 15

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
19But don't have phoneDon't know old email
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Done all thisCan't get ahold yahoo
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did thatDon't work
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.

password ***** sign in ---> forgot password *****> email

Then submit your case

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It won't email or nothing
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.

Did you go through the steps to submit a case?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
there is no point where I can email
Expert:  Cody replied 5 months ago.

see attached picture, that's where the steps above lead you to

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am and have been through this site
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Never gets me there to an email
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But even if I didDon't have that numberAnd don't have email back up
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can u HelpEverything u have said I have done
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What else ? Can u unlock it?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

How long ago did you stop with the phone number on record?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Shoot while ago
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, an option is to call the number and explain to the person the situation as it should have been re-allocated by now.

Explain that they will be receiving a code when you do the password ***** procedure and if they can give you this,

Then do the procedure, call them for the code, enter it in on the computer and you can then reset the password.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have not seen a phone numberNothingEverything that the last person who was helping to now I have done
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

its (2**) ***

The one you said ended in 19

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Oh that phone1915 is the old numberBut I thought u referring to yahoo numberEverything u have suggested I have doneHow can we escalate this ?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

there is no further escalation, but what did the person say when you called?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
WaitConfused, I though u refer to my old numberI haven't called anyone because there is no customer service #
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

an option is to call the number (your old number) and explain to the person the situation as it should have been re-allocated by now.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't feel comfortable with that
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok... for a additional service I can call it instead. It's an additional fee so please accept it and I will call for you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't want anyone to callI don't want a stranger dealing or know my personal information
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, then Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Yahoo being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Yahoo states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not yahoo, their policies, or the situation itself.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There's not a yahoo number?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

no, no live support at all. Remember it's a free email service they use.

And do not use any numbers you find on Google, they are scams people use to try to get your details

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ah ok Ty
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

your welcome

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you