Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My wife and I share the same live e-mail on each of our

Customer Question

My wife and I share the same live e-mail on each of our laptops. Problem is she gets all our e-mails on hers. We would like to receive all e-mails on both. Help Larry
Category: Email
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Hi Larry, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. This happens when in her Windows Live Mail, the email account was set up as a POP or POP3 account and the settings to "Leave the emails on the server" is UNCHECKED. This means that Windows Live Mail will delete the emails on the server when they are being downloaded. As a result, when your computer connects to your email through Windows Live Mail, nothing is left there to fetch.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly show you the settings that I am referring to? I can also access your wife's computer so that I can directly check and fix the settings issue while you watch.
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi: Yes, we would like to work with you via your access to our computers. Not sure what hours you will be there. We are just having dinner, etc.....could do around 7:00pm today. Larry Regan
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Hi Larry,

I'm very sorry for the delayed reply. It is Sunday here. Are you available now to start the remote session? If not, approximately how many hours from now will you become available for the remote session.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello: We will be in touch this afternoon to work on the problem. Larry & Denyse Regan
Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Ok Larry, approximately how many hours from now will that be?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 5 months ago.

Larry,

I am available now and for the next 12 hours. I will send you the formal offer for secure remote assistance. Please accept it so that we can start the remote session when you are back and available.

Best regards,

Jess