Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Email expert with over 5 years experience
50836188

How do i restore Mozilla thunderbird profile from old laptop

Customer Question

how do i restore Mozilla thunderbird profile from old laptop to new laptop?
Category: Email
Expert:  Jason Fenoglio replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I can assist you. Would like to me to remotely connect to you for a small extra charge or would like me to try to walk through the process through chat?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
could you not just instruct me what to do
write it down?

Try this process below and let me know if there are any differences on your system.

1. Shut down Thunderbird.
  2. Move the profile folder to the desired location.. (If you are reverting to a backed up profile, this step isn't necessary. Just note the current location of the profile you want to restore.)
  3. Open up the profiles.ini file in a text editor. The file is located in the application data folder for Thunderbird:
    • The path is %AppData%\Thunderbird\ for Windows.
  4. In the profiles.ini file, locate the entry for the profile you've just moved. Change the Path= line to the new location.
  5. If you switch from a relative path to a non-relative path, the direction of the slashes may need to change. For example, in Windows, non-relative paths use backslashes, whereas relative ones use forward slashes. Change IsRelative=1 to IsRelative=0.
  6. Save profiles.ini and restart Thunderbird.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
this is no help
I want my money back
and do not want to pay more

This is a general instruction but every PC is different. I'm sure we can work through the process if you give it a chance. Otherwise I can cancel the question.

Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

Hi!

Do you have access to your old laptop?

Expert:  Josh replied 5 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.