James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I am having trouble in receiving and sending e-mails on my

Customer Question

I am having trouble in receiving and sending e-mails on my computer. The tab keeps on asking me for my password ***** is Laurels19 for Hotmail. Can you help me please as I need to use the e-mails quite a lot at present?
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Hotmail account?
Customer: For about a week now, although I have had troubles before but put it down to the modem.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have had a person out who repairs laptops, although mine is a desktop, and I'm not sure what he did. It then worked OK for a while until this week. I 'phoned him and he told me to check on the bars at the top of the screen (he said 5 but only 3 are showing now) and to send him an e-mail. I did this and it went through but the following day I had the same trouble again and despite clicking on the bars (only3) it just showed that I had a connection and that was that. If I try to send e-mails they go straight into the 'OUT' box and nothing is showing in the received box either. I think that perhaps
the Password ***** ***** problem although I have not had that little tab come up before this week.
JA: The email expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't think so. I'm no expert but I have to use the e-mails often as I am quite busy with entries for show jumping competitions.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Email Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which email program you are using that is connecting to hotmail?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.