James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I'm having a lot of trouble linking my bosses Microsoft

Customer Question

hello, I'm having a lot of trouble linking my bosses Microsoft email with Gmail. Can someone please help me ASAP
Thank you!!
Category: Email
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 5 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I dont know why the email was sent to my boss it should be through me***@******.*** Yes if you could please wait a couple minutes he is finishing up an email

I sent you the request for remote service. Please accept it, once accepted i will connect with you remotely and troubleshoot this for you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The account im trying to forward to his gmail and also make it so from his gmail he can respond using the***@******.***
Is that offer on top of the $40? or is it 40 total?

That offer is an additional offer for remote service, in addition to the question/answer session so it will allow me to connect with you, take a look at the setup and set it up the way you want it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
its $80 total?

Not sure what the initial price you paid is but $39 is on top of it. You can discuss with billing (*****@******.***) to clarify charges.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I paid $40 so i think ill just contact google support sorry im not paying $80 thanks though

Google support won't help with these issues. BUT if you don't want to pay, then we can continue here in the question/answer mode.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They linked my account, for some reason using the same SMTP address and Port number is ***** working, so i know they can fix the issue. Thanks

No problem. You can check it with them if you like, but nothing is linked automatically it must have be done by a user. I can still help here if you like.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
okay so what do i do?

You want to delink your account from Gmail and link your boss account with Gmail so he can send and receive emails sent to his other account into the Gmail account? Correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No i want to link [email protected] with***@******.*** so he can send out emails from his gmail account with the sending address as***@******.*** but from his gmail i made it so all emails from [email protected] go ti his gmail inbox but its not letting me import the worhy email as a response

Let's first sort out the sending issue and configure the Gmail to send from***@******.***. Can you confirm if these are the SMTP settings:?

Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com
Port: 587
SSL: YES

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Server, correct, Port correct, SSL is TLS

select@ Secured connection using SSL and then try adding the account

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have a meeting in two minutes I'm going to have to finish this later thank you. Have a good day

No problem. Try it and let me know how it goes later when you have time.