Richard, Email Systems Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Email Systems and Programs

My gmail account is rgeiggar and i /t remember my password.

Customer Question

my gmail account is rgeiggar and i don/t remember my password. When I try to resolve it on the computer, i am told it can't verify is me. try later. I have tried for two days. What is my password ***** my account. I have another phone that was given to me and I can;t get past this to login and get to phone to work. Please help......
Category: Email
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Did you specify a recovery phone number or email address when you set up the account?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

ok, Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password

It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Gmail being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Google states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year yahoo has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

If you tell me the make and model of the phone, I can tell you what to do to reset it as long as it is not linked to the account on recovery

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not Google, their policies, or the situation itself.