ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  15 years as a professional computer technician.
56108293

I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 10 and

Customer Question

I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 10 and installed Office Home and Student 2016 with Word. I am trying to type and edit a document in Word, and almost every time I touch a key I either get a pop-up window saying spell check is completed, or the cursor jumps to another place in the document, or the word preceding the word I am trying to insert in the document disappears. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Email
Expert:  ChrisC replied 5 months ago.

Hi Nathan, my name is ***** ***** I have an idea about what might be going on here.

I want you to try to type something in Word, but while you're typing I want you to make sure that your palms are COMPLETELY lifted up off of the palm rest. So your palms should be in the air while you're typing.

Try that and come back and tell me if you experience the issues you mentioned.