James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company

I am an ID theft victim. My hotmail acct has been taken over

Customer Question

I am an ID theft victim. My hotmail acct has been taken over and even added 2-step verification. Have tried every online possiblility to recover but am rejected because it has 2 step verification. BUT I DID NOT SET THAT UP The thief did.
Category: Email
Expert:  Tim replied 3 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

Peggy, it is not likely you are the victim of identity theft, they would have gotten into more things most liekly.....sounds like you locked your self out of your account.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
im back in. thank you!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No. My bank accounts, credit cards and email have all been hacked. I DID NOT LOCK MYSELF OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. I WISH TO END THIS. DO NOT CHARGE ME. YOU CANNOT HELP.
Expert:  Tim replied 3 months ago.

you did not mention anything other than hotmail, how would i know? And I can help from the technical side of things, to make sure it doesnt happen again and clear your PC. SO you want no help, correct?

Expert:  Tim replied 3 months ago.

if you don't take steps to clean the PC, its going to happen again, just saying. Take care.