James K., Consultant
Experience:  Technical Director of IT Company
20304743

I just upgraded to Win 10, but my mail program, Eudora7,

Customer Question

I just upgraded to Win 10, but my mail program, Eudora7, will not work. I was told to try using Thunderbird, but it translates data from Eudora OSE, which I tried installing in 2009 but was unsuccessful, but only after it translated all my mail files. I have continued to use Eudora7, although with errors. I use Netaddress online and only used Eudora for local storage. So far I have tried uninstalling Thunderbird and Eudora OSE, figuring that Thunderbird would translate the Eudora7 files. Can you help?
Thanks,
Jack
Category: Email
Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

Hi there, I'm Tim and will be assisting you today. I have over 15 Years as an Engineer and have been with eBay, DoD and many others. I will do my VERY BEST to help you. If you like i can offer remote access and a call. In addition, with any positive rating I will support your question going forward for free.

So are you wanting to use Edora or thunderbird?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I want to use Thunderbird, if possible, but I would be willing to use Eudora, if that would be necessary. Why was I asked for my credit card information a second time?
Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

If this is about the nook, there would be no reason for remote, but we can set up a call. Im confused as to what you are trying to do - install adobe on your nook? Thunderbird should not be overly hard to set up

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What nook? I have installed Thunderbird, but it converted the wrong mail files. I either need to get it to convert the right files, or to get Eudora7 to access my files.
Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

I'm so sorry, wrong reply was sent to you. - As far as billing goes, I'm not sure why the site would ask you twice. And it should not be too hard to get Thunderbird working assuming you know your username and password.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Have you read my statement about the problem? I have no problem running Thunderbird. I just need to get my old mail files back someway. If I have to use Eudora, that would be fine, but I would much prefer using Thunderbird. Who is Pearl Wilson? She chatted with me saying she was assisting you.
Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

Please contact the Customer Service department for any questions you have about Pearl Wilson. I don't have any information on that for you.

as far as converting and getting your old mail over, i'm not sure about that....Windows 10 has caused nothing but problems for people who have upgraded.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Then you can be of no help?
Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

I can help with getting your email set up, but i'd need to see what the orphaned emails look.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Forget it. You seem to have no basic understanding of Eudora.
Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

your assuming something thats not true, but i'll be happy to pass you on to someone else.

Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the kind comments.

Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

Hello Jack,

I am competent with both Eudora and Thunderbird (prefer Thunderbird as Eudora is outdated) but we can use whatever you like.

We will need to do this via remote so I'll send you a quote on that which is of course fully refundable should the experience not be what you expected when we're done.

Kind Regards,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Why do you have to make me compromise the security of my system? My background in the business goes back to 1962. Why can't you explain how I can do it?Thanks,Jack
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

What do you mean by compromising the security of your system?

We use software with an unbreakable 256-bit AES system that creates a one time session key, hosted on a VPN (virtual private server) - there is no compromise.

You can read more about it here if you like:

https://www.screenconnect.com/Remote-Support-Security

What is it you would have me explain? Some things are tangible, some aren't and need to be looked into to come forth with a solution, don't you agree?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is not your software that I do not trust. It is yourself. How do I know who you really are, and what you really want to do?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This just looks like a way for you to charge me more money!
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

I'm not sure where you're getting at - I work for this website and you contacted me, not the other way around.

You can cancel at any time by contacting billing here

ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

The price you I put up is for the problem to be resolved via remote. If you'd like me to fix it for you, click accept otherwise you are free to request a refund at any time within 30 days of asking your question.

If it is a trust issue then I suggest taking the computer to a local computer shop where you can see the person you're dealing with face to face. We are a serious company and you can look us up in the Better Business Bureau if you have any doubts.

Kind Regards,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Due to no help from you, I managed to fix the problem myself, although not as well as I wanted. Close this call!
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

You can cancel at any time within 30 days of asking your question by contacting billing here

ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Regards,